- Six Dominicans Granted Scholarships To Study at MWSUPosted 2 days ago
- Dominica To Participate In Regional Tennis ChampionshipPosted 3 days ago
- CTO Honours Travel Journalists At Media Awards Ceremony During Caribbean Week In New YorkPosted 8 days ago
- Tradewinds 2013 Counter-Narcotics ExercisePosted 12 days ago
- Cicely Tyson’s Journey HomePosted 12 days ago
- Tradewinds 2013 Gunnery ExercisePosted 25 days ago
- Lead Institute Introduces Early RegistrationPosted 28 days ago
- Over eleven hundred students to sit Grade Six National AssessmentPosted 28 days ago
- Tradewinds 2013 Kicks off in St. LuciaPosted 29 days ago
- US Embassy Supports Education in DominicaPosted 36 days ago
GCaribbean Magazine Launched In New York City On Saturday Night
On Saturday night in New York City, Shontelle co-hosted the launch party for ‘GCaribbean’ magazine, the first and only men’s magazine for Caribbean guys providing culturally relevant content with a fresh and sophisticated aesthetic. The Barbadian singer and songwriter was joined by Rickstar, the London-based recording artist who gave a live performance to celebrate ‘GCaribbean’s’ premiere issue and pay tribute to his own Jamaican roots. Patrons donned branded sunglasses and were served signature ‘GCaribbean’ cocktails designed by master mixologist Orson Salicetti throughout the “warmest party of the winter”. More than 200 guests attend the launch event held at EVR, one of Manhattan’s newest lounges.
“Caribbean people are adding value in various arenas globally and no media vehicle quite captures who they are from a Caribbean perspective. “GCaribbean” is more than on to the something. I think our time has come to rise to another level and “GCaribbean” is key in that migration. As for the quality… bar none,” said Shontelle as she addressed patrons.
The uniqueness of ‘GCaribbean’ was found in the distinctive Caribbean perspective of its editorial from entertainment, culture and style to fitness, women and sex. King of Soca music Machel Montano appears on the cover of the premiere issue of ‘GCaribbean’, which includes features on a diversity of personalities from Grammy Award-winning singer Melanie Fiona to bestselling author Malcolm Gladwell. Published quarterly in print and online, ‘GCaribbean’ fills a void in the global marketplace with content created for men in, of and connected to the Caribbean with a simple philosophy, “Feel Good, Look Great and Live Genius.”
“Nothing can evict an idea whose time has come,” said Founder and Editor-In-Chief Geoff K. Cooper during his opening remarks. Cooper noted,“From an environmental scan, we identified a great need and opportunity ––there were no men’s magazines for the niche audience of men in, of and connected to the Caribbean. We crafted ‘GCaribbean’ to serve as a relevant men’s lifestyle platform in print, digital and live that explores their interests and indulgences and serves as a confluence of their curiosities, style, panache and unabashed revelry.”
‘GCaribbean’ magazine will be available on newsstands in the Caribbean and internationally in airports, hotels, restaurants, lounges and other locations through a controlled distribution in cities with strong Caribbean ties – New York/Tri-State Area, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Atlanta, Texas, Toronto, Montreal and London. *GCaribbean.com* will be the magazine’s online extension.